Here are some Home learning ideas that the whole family can get involved with during this lock down..
Health and well being :
Here are a few science experiments that you may want to have a go at..
Have a go, let me know what ones you like the most or the ones that worked really well.
There is a cooking competition that our students can enter. With some of the amazing recipes and cooking I have seen this week, some of you might like to have a go.... check out this link.
We are lucky enough to have an amazing orchard of fruit around the school. We have brought the classroom outside, with using our measuring skills we made delicious muffins and ate juicy plums.
Apple and Rhubarb muffins.
1 cups Brown sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped Rhubarb
1 cup milk with 1 tsp. vinegar mixed in.
- Turn oven on to 180 degrees. Line 18 hole in a muffin tin with muffin cases and spray with non stick oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, oil and eggs, and beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Chop the apple into small pieces and put into another bowl with the rhubarb and milk mixture.
- Using a wooden spatula fold the chopped apples and rhubarb into the brown sugar mixture. The gently fold the flour through until just combined. Don’t over mix or the muffins will be tough.
- Spoon batter into the lined muffin baking trays.
- Bake muffins for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden.
Have a go at make them.